Thursday 23 September 2010

29th August Crianlarich to Paisley




Fantastic beautiful day. Except we went the wrong direction out our lodgings, and ended up 40 miles in the wrong direction. We had a lovely ride, but as we were due to meet up with the Scottish Bipolar people, we called it a day after 45 miles or so, and drove to Paisley. A picture of us meeting up is attached, along with one of the entrance to their office. Nice.

They looked after us very cordially, and we were all very interested in how their work is conducted in Scotland..

This was the worst accommodation of the whole trip. The manager, after about 5 telephone calls was completely unable to describe how to get to her hotel. We decided that it was because she lived there and didn't need to know.
There was the most almighty fire near the area as were searching. So big that several fire tenders were out, and kids from all around. They couldn't stop laughing at my Borat style shorts. There was a huge Hiroshima like plume of black smoke going up into the air. I even asked the hotel lady to look out the window, could she see the smoke, as a point of reference. She said not.

When we found the place, no thanks to her. I stood on the front step, and there was the smoke, 100 yards away. What a dipstick.
I was just settling down in my bed, when Sue (christened Jane Austen for the trip with regard to her sensitive and proper demeanour) invited me down to their shared bedroom. I entered the room, which was bathed in a gentle and romantic light, a mixture of provocative and sensuous feminine aromas in the air. They were both in their night attire, in their respective beds, and said they had a special request of me. Thinking my luck was in, they kicked me out of their fire door into the cold and asked if it was secure from the outside, as they were on the ground floor and wanted to feel safe. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment