Thursday 23 September 2010

28th August Fort William to Crianlarich




A very physically demanding day. As we were bimbling along at our own not too fast not too fit pace, I saw a large group of cyclists behind us. My job for the whole tour was watching out for stuff from behind. Anyway, I urged Jess to speed up in order to sit on the back of this group of chaps. They were racing cyclists. out for a leg loosener of 150 miles or so. One of the pics is of me enjoying following up the rear over one of the lengthy climbs. We were ripping along at around 30mph or so for loads of it, the sheer pace was exhilarating for Jess. I had my first and only near death experience on one of the downhill sections. 45mph in the wet round tight bends, front wheel starting to skid, down a mountain. Not good


The annoying thing for Jess was that were all laughing, joking and behaving in typical bloke fashion all the time, which she found completely disgusting. She forgave them when a kind chap gave her the most delicious homemade flapjack ever in the whole world. Yum yum.


We must have saved a couple of hours that day from being towed along at such a speed. Thanks guys!


Lovely accomadation, loads of animals


Apparently, Crianlarich is Gaelic for 'low pass'. My a**.

No comments:

Post a Comment