Tuesday 3 August 2010

Fire hazard


Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Fire hazard

Here's me, or at least a facsillyme, pictured in my office, dealing with the fanmail and requests for sponsorship forms.

If you click on the pic, you may note that the human person appears female. I am a big fan of Eddie Izzard, and indeed share some of his outlook on life, and this cycle tour was in part motivated by his epic marathon tour.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00m3z1f

In one of the his films, he was some kind of computer boffin, needed to make a hologram of a Faberge style egg. His answerphone message, in the background of one of the scenes was. "If you must intrude upon my consciousness, leave a message after the beep,. I might get back to you". Reminds me of someone I know very well.

Cross dressing isn't usually my thing, though I have worn women's clothes before. In fact, I entered my Doctor's office one day, and without looking at me, he said "Good morning Sharon". I used my best Billy Goat Gruff voice, and replied " I assure you that whatever my problem, gender confusion is not my problem". He actually smiled.

The bits of paper thing, phone calls,emails etc is more difficult than the cycling part. That is a blessed relief by comparison.

Because of the administrative nightmare, Jess and I are meeting up with the management at MDF Cymru, to discuss how they may take some of this work off our hands in order to maximise the effectiveness of our cycling efforts, by looking for more people who benefit from their largely free services. They are splendid people, and that is why Jess and I are doing our thing.
http://www.mdfwales.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment